Good morning and Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend. The forecast had called for rain all day yesterday and instead it was the most beautiful, warm, sunny day! Small yet wonderful blessings 🙂
- Cut your cardstock at 4-1/4 x 11″ and score at 5-1/2″.
- Run your Embossing Buddy over the front and back of the card
- Ink up the Swallowtail stamp in Versamark and stamp on your card (over the front and the back).
- Apply Gold Embossing powder, tap off excess and heat set using your Heat Gun.
- Trim 1/2″ off the card front so it is now only 5″ long.
- Using a wide Washi Tape of your choice (I used a retired gold accented washi tape), attach a strip along the edge of the 4 1/4″ width. With your cardfront closed (and being 1/2″ shorter than the card base, you will be able to see the washi tape
- Ink up your greeting (I used the retired set Blessings from Heaven) in Archival Basic Black ink and stamp on the card front.
It can be a struggle to create a single layer card while also ensuring that it is also eye-catching. Simple steps such as trimming the card front and adding washi tape to the inside are a great way to add appeal and depth. Do you ever challenge yourself to create a single layer card?