Monday again and another week has begun. Friday evening we had a wonderful visit with my parents and Saturday we enjoyed Sandfest at Sauble Beach. It was a scorcher out there and I was thankful to be able to jump in the nice refreshing water. Did you get some reprieve from the heat?
While at Sandfest, Chris and I decided to have a bite to eat at a local restaurant. We were going to sit inside in the “Air Conditioned” area but once inside we realized it was still nicer outside where there was at least a bit of a breeze. I found a couple who were sitting in the shade on one side of a picnic table and asked if anyone was sitting on the other side. They offered it to us and let us know they would soon be leaving and we could sit more in the shade on their side. The people before them had done the same for them. We were told we needed to pass along the same offer. While we did do this for another couple, they passed on the offer. We were very grateful to the first couple for being so kind and it was a simple act of kindness and Good Works.
Today I am sharing a sweet 3 x 3 card created with a saying by Mother Theresa about good works.
1) Cut a piece of Peach Parfait cardstock 3″ x 6″ and fold in half = 3″ x 3″
2) Cut a piece of Peach Parfait cardstock at 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4, score all four sides approx 3/16″ in from edge.
3) Stamp grass image from Inspired by Nature in Peach Parfait ink on 2 3/4″ Peach Parfait square.
4) Adhere stamped image to folded card base.
5) Cut one piece of Whisper White cardstock 3/4″ x 2 1/4″
6) Stamp Good Works sentiment in Basic Gray ink on Whisper White strip.
7) Attach Stampin’ Dimensionals to back of stamped sentiment and pop up on card front.
8) Tie Linen Thread around a Mini Library Clip and attach clip to sentiment.
9) Punch flowers from Blushing Bride cardstock using Boho Blossoms punch and scrunch them for texture.
10) Layer and adhere flowers together, adding a Basic Pearl to the centre and adhering to sentiment.
This is a quick card and really uses few supplies.
Join me again tomorrow for another great card and to find out who the winners were from my New Catalogue Kick Off Party.
PS – if you haven’t done so already, be sure to follow me/ like me on Facebook!!!