Have you ever thought of using fabric on your card creations? It is a great way to use up your fabric scraps and add visual appeal to your cards.
Take todays card for instance. Strip of black and white patterned fabric cut in a narrow strip and cut in a banner form on one end, placed on the card front with the stamped image layered over top helps draw the eye to the stamped focal point.
This card has some great little details that really make this card pop and yet does not make it too busy.
1) Fold 3″ x 12″ textured cardstock in half to create a folded 3″ x 6″ card.
2) Stamp grid image from Best Friends Forever set in matching ink onto lower half of card base.
3) Adhere strip of cut fabric to card as shown.
4) Stamp floral design in Lucky Limeade ink and stamp on Very Vanilla cardstock.
5) Stamp Just Because from the It’s Your Day set in Basic Black Ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.
6) On a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp 3 hearts in Cherry Cobbler ink, cut out and adhere two hearts directly onto Very Vanilla cardstock and adhere the third using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
7) Punch out a strip of Lucky Limeade cardstock using the Lace Ribbon Border Punch and tuck in behind the Very Vanilla cardstock.
8) Adhere a strip of Island Indigo cardstock in behind the punched Lucky Limeade strip so only a little bit shows.
9) Adhere all these layers to your card base.
10) Tie Linen Thread in a bow through a Regals Collecton button and attach to bottom heart using a Glue Dot.
So keep those scrap bits of fabric and start using them on your creations.
My challenge to you is to create a card using scrap fabric. When you have completed your challenge and posted to your blog or your on-line gallery, leave me a comment here, along with a link to your post.