Today is a bit gloomy but we are not letting that bring us down. This bright and cheery card is the perfect medicine.
I made two versions with slight variations but both are super quick and easy to do. The stamp set used on today’s creations is the simple yet beautiful set, Lovely Inside & Out.
Card one is a white on white card featuring two colours, Flirty Flamingo and Powder Pink and is completed with those gorgeous Clear Faceted Gems. To make the card matte stand out more on the Whisper White card base, I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop it up.
Card two is stamped using only Flirty Flamingo ink stamped off to create a light appearance for the “flower bursts” and then stamped in full for the word “Friend”. This white matte is layered on a Powder Pink card base and features a pretty Powder Pink Felt Itty Bitty Bow.
Here are the steps to create your card:
- Cut your card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″ along the length, fold in half (your card base will now be 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″)
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4″ x 5-1/4″ (this is your card front)
- Stamp your “flower burst” in your favourite ink. To create variations in colour, stamp off first before stamping on your card front
- Ink up and stamp the word Friend on your card front
- Attach the stamped Whisper White matte to your card base using SNAIL Adhesive or Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally add some bling or embellishments like the Faceted Gems or the 2017-2019 In Colour Itty Bitty Bows
These simple cards are great when I need to sate my desire to craft but have little to no time!