Are you looking for simple, easy cards to make? Are you looking for a great technique that can really add WOW to your cards? Today’s card helps you fulfill your ‘yes’ answer to both questions 🙂
1) Cut one piece of 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Whisper White cardstock and fold the 8 1/2″ length in half to create your folded 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″ card base.
2) Stamp the large flower image from Fifth Ave Floral a couple times on the card base.
3) Stamp the large flower image onto a scrap piece of paper and cut out. This will be your mask.
4) Place cut out flower image over your image stamped on the card base and stamp smaller flowers around it.
This creates depth because the lined image flowers are not overlapping.
5) With the Big Shot and the BigZ Beautiful Butterflies die, cut out on Pretty in Pink butterfly (using 2nd largest butterfly on the die)
6) Stamp the butterfly with the Butterfly Prints set in Regal Rose ink.
7) Attach Basic Pearls to the butterflies centre.
8) With your paper trimmer and the scoring blade, score all 4 edges of the Whisper White card base approx 1/4″ in from edge.
9) Adhere butterfly to card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
10) Stamp sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set in Basic Black ink.
The masking technique is a simple and effective way to add dimension/ depth to your images. Remember to keep your mask in your stamp set case for the next time you wish to use this technique.
If you are interested in cardmaking but are not sure where to begin or what products you need to start off, contact me at 519-780-7397 or via e-mail at email@example.com and I will help you find the products most suitable for you.
I also have the option of ordering on-line from my Business Website.
These options are valid for Canadian residents. If you live outside of Canada, please feel free to contact me and I will help direct you to someone near you.